Wednesday, November 25, 2009

I am Thankful...


Greetings! How does this Thanksgiving Eve find you? Sleep-deprived? Stressed? With a To-Do list longer than your arm? Oh friends, I know… My state of mind is a glorious mix of busy, tired, happy, frazzled, excited, but most of all…blessed. I’m looking forward to giving Thanks with my family even more than usual this year.

Amidst the craziness of “getting ready” with all its many tasks, I've been thinking on these blessings from the year...

* Celebrating 25 years of marriage in September, with my dearest friend.

* Unforgettable memories of our family vacation this summer.

* The joy of watching Brennan marry his long-time best friend, a young woman who absolutely adores him.

* The joy of welcoming the delightful (and quite loveable) Breezy “officially” into our family.

* The gift of yet another Thanksgiving with both sets of parents. We are incredibly blessed.

* Gratitude that my Dad’s work injury, though painful and difficult, didn’t result in paralysis or worse.

* Growing closer to my sister through some shared struggles.

* Faithful friends. Perhaps more than any other year, I’ve been acutely aware of the blessing of the encouragement, support and faithful prayers of friends, several of which I’ve met through blogging.

* The transition into a full-time position on September 1st. -- truly a gift from God. Not only that? I work for three of the kindest, most wonderful attorneys imaginable. Couldn’t ask for better... (Didn’t have to, God knew.) = )

Tomorrow as I prepare and enjoy the Thanksgiving meal with my family and in-laws, I’ll do so with an overwhelmingly grateful heart. God has been so good to my family and I.

I pray you have a wonderful time celebrating God’s goodness tomorrow, savoring the moments with your family and/or friends, and making some special new memories. Remember those who are alone and consider inviting them to be a part of your celebration.

I leave you with a simple, yet beautiful prayer, by Mary Fairchild:

Heavenly Father, on Thanksgiving Day
We bow our hearts to You and pray.
We give You thanks for all You've done
Especially for the gift of Jesus, your Son.
For beauty in nature, Your glory we see
For joy and health, friends and family,
For daily provision, Your mercy and care
These are the blessings You graciously share.
So today we offer this response of praise
With a promise to follow You all of our days.


Thanking God for YOU
Tracy

5 comments:

Kim@Seasons of My Heart said...

HAPPY...HAPPY...HAPPY...THANKSGIVING...my friend.

Thinking of you during this wonderful time of the year.

Kim~

Just a little something from Judy said...

A lovely post from a very special lady. Listing our blessings, is a sure way to joy.

Happy Thanksgiving dear friend!

Melanie said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you, Tracy!

Peggy said...

Blessings Tracy &a happy & blessed Thanksgiving to you! Beautiful way to capture your thankful heart! I did not see your name on WFW but noticed that you had a post so here I am! We used the same picture and different verses! You have had one busy year but much to be thankful! I find myself BLESSED even without an oven to do turkey & stuff...I finally was able to find a turkey breast, I'm going to make...helps me feel like I'm celebrating but
I am giving thanks...in fact I did the 30 day Challenge of Giving Thanks! Thank you for that beautiful prayer! Praying you get a chance for rest amidst all your prep & cleanup & enJOY family! I'm glad that they will be with you to share your feast! I'm thanking God for YOU (too!) (((hugs))) Peggy

Susannah said...

So you work full time in a law office? Glad you enjoy your job.

Have a Happy Thanksgiving Tracey. :~D