Friday, July 9, 2010

Goodbye...for now

Therefore, since we have so great a cloud of witnesses surrounding us, let us also lay aside every encumbrance and the sin which so easily entangles us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, fixing our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of faith, who for the joy set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. ~ Hebrews 12:1-2

If you're a regular reader to my blog, you know my posts have been very sporadic as of late.  I'm not sure how to transition into something like this except to say after much thought and prayer in these last few weeks, I've come to the decision to suspend my blog.  I say suspend because I'm not entirely sure I'll never be back.  However, for now I'm certain it's the right choice.

"My Cup Runneth Over" represents a significant investment of my heart and God has clearly used it for much good in my life -- not the least of which has been connecting me with you.  I've said before but it bears repeating here...I set out to create a place in Blogworld to share blessings and encourage others, but God turned that blessing around tenfold as YOU shared blessings and encouraged ME!  Truly I can say this experience (and many of you) have changed my life in many wonderful ways.

So, why the departure?  Well, speaking for me personally, blogging became too much of a good thing.  A few weeks back I realized (or perhaps finally listened to that still small voice that had been trying to tell me) blogging was taking too big a place in my life.  It was crowding out other things...important things.

Interestingly enough, this realization came simultaneously (or perhaps because of) a season I currently find myself in.  Beth Moore calls it "Further Still."  I can't think of any other (or any better) way to say it.  She explains there are times God has us walk our faith journey shoulder to shoulder with other believers, but then there are times when he wants to take us to a place of "further still," where no one else can go with us.  He and I have already started down this road and I can tell you, the closer I draw to Him, the more real and precious He becomes.  I don't want to waste a moment of this journey, walking alongside the One who calls my name, so I'll humbly narrow my gaze toward Him and press forward to the place of further still.

And so, for now...this is Good-bye.  Thank you for your kindness, friendship, encouragement and love.  You will forever have a place in my heart.  I pray God's sweetest and most abundant blessings for you.

Love,
Tracy

P.S. I'd welcome the opportunity to stay in contact via e-mail, should you so desire.  
tcklensch@gmail.com 

31 comments:

southerninspiration said...

You will be missed, and perhaps later you can decide on a day or two a week that you can blog and not feel compelled to post more frequently. I completely understand, but will miss you! Take care and enjoy the journey...
Your friend,
Suzanne

Diana Ferguson said...

Yes, you will be missed. I totally respect your decision and know that God will honor your obedience in following His calling out to you!

LisaShaw said...

Sugar,

I love you so much and I thank GOD for your obedience to HEAR HIM and to obey.

I understand more than you know. For me He said "it's time" and so I released FB the other day as you probably know. You're in a place of "Further Still". I'm in a place of "Next Step"...same but different.

Our journeys are different but our goal I'm sure is the same...pleasing GOD.

I will of course stay in touch via Email. lisashawcares@cfl.rr.com.

I'd love to phone chat when/if you'd like some day and pray for and with you.

I'm excited for what GOD is doing in your life (and mine) and so many others. The key is releasing something as I shared on FB and my blog the other day, releasing so that you can receive what HE has for you. At times even "good things can hinder us" as I shared in that message.

I don't want any part of my life to become bigger than my time with GOD.

I love you and enjoy your time with GOD in your season of further still.

Sarah@Life in the Parsonage said...

I'm sad...because I'm selfish and I'll miss you. :) But the unselfish part of me (no matter how small) completely understands. Praying for you as you journey with Him. And praying that eventually my reader shows posts from my cup runneth over.

Many blessings to you bloggy friend!

Melissa Jo said...

Oh, how i will miss reading your encouraging words and you kindness, I have the candle I won from your giveaway right by my laptop, so can think of how sweet you are! You blog has been an inspiration for me, and that I'll treasure, I completely understand about the time it takes away from other things, a lot has been put into perspective for me since my grandma died a few weeks ago. I'll definitely keep in touch, you as well melp88@verizon.net. God Bless you always!

Sandy said...

I respect your decision. I know very well how blogging can take up so much time. Thank you for lstting us know!
hammocks1982@att.net

I'll be praying for you!

Karen said...

Like everyone else here, I will miss your sweet words...but you were able to share those blessed words with us because you are an obedient daughter to the King...and now your Father is calling you onward for another season...you will be blessed as you have blessed others....

Yolanda said...

Obedience is a very blessed thing and brings much joy walking out. Enjoy your "further still" walking with our Savior.

With love,
Yolanda

Melanie said...

You will be missed, Tracy, but we sooo understand. You need to put first what God wants for you and your life. If God ever leads you to come back here, we'll be hear ready to hear from you. Love you!

Becky said...

Everyone has said nearly everything I was going to say...but I want you to know I'll miss reading your blog.

I totally understand, however. Since my own computer has crashed and I have had to resort to much smaller segments of time than usual on my husbands work laptop, it's caused me to examine how much time I spent on my computer and I didn't like what I saw. We got rid of TV years ago, but computer usage quickly sucked up the same amount of time the TV used to. Not good. I think that in order to be faithful in the areas the Lord calls us to, we need to be faithful stewards of all our time, and I can totally understand that need to pull away and do what He is calling you to. Blessings, Tracy!

BARBIE said...

I will miss visiting here. You are one of the first blogs I began to follow one year ago when God brought me here. Praying for God's best for you in whatever you do! Thank you for imparting wisdom and love into my life!

Just a little something from Judy said...

Oh Tracy, I am so sorry. I have missed you so much already. Your kindness, inspiration, your warm family manner and your love for our Heavenly Father have blessed me on so many of my days and weeks. You truly are one of the most caring ladies I have ever met.

I wish you God's best as you progress on your life journey. Thank you for touching my life in such a special way.

Jennifer said...

Much blessings as you walk deeper with Him....your time on the blog as been a tremendous blessing to me! Thanks for the time you invested...

You will be missed -

Happy@Home said...

Count me in with all the rest who will miss you and your sweet blog. I have always enjoyed my visits here. You have been such an inspiration to me. In fact, every time I look at the "sweeten each day with love" plaque that I won from your giveaway, I will think of you and still be inspired.
I do admire you for making this decision. I wish you happiness, good health & many blessings, Tracy.

Anonymous said...

I just so love and respect this post! Wishing you blessings in the Lord.... Kim

Leaon Mary said...

Tracy you know how much I love you... -- I pray the Lord continues to draw you nearer and nearer as you press ON; further still.

FOREVER FRIENDS,
Lea

Carrie @ Cottage Cozy said...

I am so happy for you, Tracy....I struggle with this as well...I will continue to ask God for his leading! Thanks so much for all your inspiration!

Tricia said...

May God bless your time as you go further with Him... what a blessing you have been to me, God has used you to show me He sees me and knows every hidden and secret cry of my heart. May His blessings abound in your life... I will miss you...

Blessings...

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

Of course, I'm both saddened and encouraged by your news and support you 100%. What God began in our hearts over two years ago, remains... is stronger, and our friendship will never go away. Please keep me posted about everything and send me e-mails as you wish. Also, feel free to call anytime. You are precious to me, and I count it a joy and privilege to call you my friend.

Until next time, peace for the journey~elaine

LisaShaw said...

Just thinking of you dear one! Love you.

Tea with Tiffany said...

God will honor your heart towards Him. Thank you for going further still. Thank you for your friendship here.

Hugs from Colorado,

Tiffany

Just a little something from Judy said...

I really miss you in blogland. I think about you and pray for you whenever I do. Your beautiful, caring spirit is not forgotten.

Susan said...

Oh Tracy!

You will be missed. But I love your heart and your obedience to what God had called you to do.

You have been such an encouragement to me over the years.

I'll look forward to staying in touch with you.

Blessings to you my sweet friend♥

LisaShaw said...

Had you on my heart this moment so came on line to reach out. I know you're not on the blog any longer but I hope you get this message. Love you!

LisaShaw said...

Praying for you and thinking of you dear one! Love ya!

Smelling Coffee said...

Tracy~ I'm just now back "on the internet" after months of being rarely connected. I certainly understand the need to step away...

May the Lord bless and speak to you in a special way, especially this Christmas season.

Merry, merry Christmas to you and your family, Tracy~

With love~
Jennifer

LisaShaw said...

I stopped in dear sister to wish you and yours a blessed New Year. I love and miss you!

Always Nesting said...

I totally understand and we will leave the light on.

LisaShaw said...

Missing you VERY much! Praying God's Hand with you and your family. I love you Sugar!

Anonymous said...

Nice post thanks for sharing..loves soraya

Anonymous said...

thanks for sharing this...i found your blog thrue other followers..looking for to visit more...blessings from holland