Your love has given me much joy and comfort, my brother, for your kindness has often refreshed the hearts of God’s people. ~ Philemon 1:7 (NLT)
Since most of my readers appear to be women, you can hopefully paraphrase the passage above with the word “sister” or “friend” in place of “brother.” (lol) In either case, I want to thank you for your continuing prayers and kind concern for my family. I wish I could express just what an encouragement they have been! There have been several blessings as of late, no doubt a testament to your prayers:
* Dad received new casts last week. They are still non-weight-bearing. (As the swelling continues to diminish, the original casts were no longer as tight as they needed to be to best support healing.)
* Mom is doing extremely well with overseeing Dad’s care and medications. Her own health seems to be improving in the face of this challenge. Despite the frustrations that undoubtedly come from spending nearly every waking moment together (most of the time confined to their home) they seem to be growing closer.
* My uncle and cousin built a very nice ramp for my Dad so that he can go outdoors when he would like.
* A large local Sunday school class (a friend of my sister) provided meals 3 nights a week for the past three weeks. This has been a HUGE help, not just to Mom, but to my sister and I as well, who along with a few other friends, are providing meals.
* My niece does not need surgery to repair her collar bone!!! She is still having pain and still pretty limited in what she can do, but is improving and healing. Although this is not at all the summer she had planned before her senior year of high school, she (and all of us) are grateful she doesn’t have to factor surgery and recovery into the mix.
* My Dad has not smoked since the day of his injury (May 27th). At first, it was because he was hospitalized. As days went on, however, he had no desire to do so. He indicates he has no cravings whatsoever. My Dad has been smoking cigarettes for years, so this is such an incredible blessing! = )
These are but a few of the many ways we’ve seen God’s hand through you, your kind friendship and your prayers. Once again...thank you. I’m choosing this passage as my current Scripture Memory Challenge verse because of its evidence in my life. I pray it encourages you, as well.