I was tagged twice just a few hours apart by Katlynn of Mirror? and Kay Martin of Thrive Christians to share 6 Random Things.
Katlynn is an awesome, Godly high school student, wise and mature beyond her years. (How I wish I could have had her passion for Christ at her age!) Her blog is titled "Mirror?" because she strives to be a reflection of Christ. Kay is a gifted communicator. Her blog seeks to transparently share insight and encouragement for living passionately for Christ. Both of these blogs are a blessing to me, and come with my highest recommendation! Please take a few minutes to visit each of them!
I’m going to bend the rules and combine them into one post of 6 random things.
1. The only bone I have ever broken is my big toe, but I’ve done it twice! Once running up the steps barefoot, and once running through our dining room barefoot. (I'm obviously slow to catch on...) We had just rearranged the furniture and I stubbed my toe against our hutch. Many years later, I can STILL remember how bad that hurt!
2. I love Christmas music and listen to it all year long. Why not!? My newest favorite is the Celtic Women Christmas CD...absolutely beautiful!
3. I love to fix and/or assemble things…the key here is “with instructions.” (Thank goodness for “diynetwork.com.”!) My last project was taking our toilet apart to replace the seal between the tank and the bowl (not without mishap I might add…) I took to heart Home Depot’s promise that I could do it and they could help. (You might notice they don’t say…we’ll help you in just one trip…) All is now well, but after numerous trips back and forth, I'm not sure I actually saved any money on a service call. Add to that my poor guys had to endure a complete meltdown on my part just before I finally got it right. = ) (It wasn’t pretty!)
4. Unlike my Mom, I’m not a very good cook. The methodical person in me can follow a recipe, but I can’t ever imagine being able to create something wonderful with "a little of this and a little of that." I’ll leave that to those of you gifted in that way! ; )
5. I have been out of high school now for 25 years! Not sure how in the world or when this happened…I don’t FEEL that old!
6. By the grace of God (and intervention of my Dad), I was rescued from the name my Mom had long planned to give her firstborn daughter (prepare yourselves…this is a keeper…) “Echo Lafawn.” No, I am not kidding. (Whew! Still thanking the Lord for that one!)
Since I’d love to know more about all of you, my bloggy friends, I invite each of you to consider yourself “tagged.” Please take part, whether on your blog or in a comment. = )