Sunday, November 30, 2008

A Glimpse at our Thanksgiving Celebration

Hope you and your family enjoyed a wonderful Thanksgiving! We had a great time together reflecting on God's blessings with my in-laws. Thought you might like to see a few photos...




For the first time this year, we welcomed my nephew, Alan's girlfriend, Gwyn as well as her daughter, Mia and her Dad, Randall. Gwyn and her Dad are so sweet and we definitely enjoyed the adorable Miss Mia! (It's been over 10 years since there was a baby on this side of the family!)

My sister-in-law, Sally (the only photo we got of her didn't turn out well, so I haven't posted it here) is such an amazing help in the final meal preparations. I truly don't know what I'd do without her! Even Brennan and my nephew, Aaron helped by making the gravy. My father-in-law, Bob and brother-in-law, Kenny are always the designated carvers while we finish up with all the side dishes. Tom was trying to capture photos of everything for me. It was truly a team effort all the way around! Then, as always, Tom shared a beautiful Thanksgiving blessing and the serving began!

By the time everyone headed home and the last load went into the dishwasher, it was 11:30. It was a long, tiring and wondeful day. Soon thereafter, I climbed into bed and set my clock for 3:45 am. Brennan and I were meeting my sister, my niece and nephew and Brianna and her Mom for shopping! (We had a blast and got some really fun photos...I'll post those tomorrow! )

How was your Thanksgiving?

7 comments:

Melanie said...

Sounds like a great day, Tracy! I'm so thankful you all had such a joyful and blessed Thanksgiving.

Kristi said...

What a wonderful celebration! Your new blog background is beautiful!

Alexis said...

What a blessing to be surrounded by such a fun crowd! Enjoyed the photos!!

12-arrows said...

Loved your slideshow of your Thanksgiving fun! We had a great day. . .there were 16 total for breakfast, all family and one close friend, then everyone was off to our annual Thanksgiving football game in the snow! It was such fun to stand on the side lines, (I so wanted to play but am still nursing a sore back) and take pictures and listen to the laughter and cheers! For dinner we had 14 as my son and his wife had dinner with her family! Its just a special time isn't it? I love reading about others days and the traditions they hold dear to their hearts! Thanks for sharing.

Becky said...

Glad your hubby could go around taking photos. I have few actual Holiday photos because unless I take them, they get forgotten, lol.

Our Thanksgiving was nice and quiet. For the first time in many years it was just us, and we got a bunch of projects finished around the house.

Have a great day!

Kim@Seasons of My Heart said...

What a wonderful and blessed Thanksgiving my friend.

I LVOE the photo's too!

Tricia said...

So glad you had a wonderful Thanksgiving and were able to spend it with family!

Blessings!