Friday, March 26, 2010

Christmas in March...Mittens!

Greetings friends! In my efforts to help you prepare for Christmas all year long, here is this month's ornament (just a shade late...usually the 25th of each month).  Not too long ago, I found a WONDERFUL site, "Childmade...an Idea Place."  I found scores of great ideas...one of which I chose to do for this month's ornament selection...(hold onto your hats...these are ADORABLE!) 


Normally, I show you step-by-step instructions, but her tutorial in this link is sooooo well done, I'm going to instead suggest you follow her instructions.  That's exactly what I did and I had no trouble whatsoever (although mine are nowhere near as darling as hers!)  You can make them in sets... 


or make them in singles...


I'm just getting started, but I've discovered these are so much fun to make!  As you can see from the examples in her tutorial, the possibilities for decorating the mittens are endless!  Not only that, you can make a set for Christmas, and then another set to keep up all winter long!  Have fun & let me know if you give them a try.

2 comments:

LisaShaw said...

It's just like you to be a blessing to all of us year round sweet one. Love those ornaments!

Hugs!

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

Did you really write a post about getting prepared for Christmas? Oh dear...

Very cute craft though. I'll check back in November. Maybe if I planned ahead, I wouldn't be so stressed.

Blessed resurrection day to you and yours.

peace~elaine