Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mothers Day!

I was privileged to spend yesterday celebrating Mother's Day with my sweet Mom.  We had such a great time!  I'm beyond grateful He blessed me with a Mom that is tender, kind, caring, compassionate, fun, flexible, talented and so very easy to love.  What a gift!  I pray His most abundant blessings for her.  

A little later, I'll be seeing my sweet boy and daughter-in-love...I absolutely cannot wait!  It's my first Mother's Day with two kids!  ; )  They've been in town this week, working with the college seminar team which has provided a few bonus visits (the greatest Mother's Day gift, ever!)  What a treat it has been and how I love them so!     

Tonight, we'll honor my  mother-in-love, Millie.  She too is a treasure to me and I truly thank God for her.  At nearly 90 years of age, every Mother's Day we have together is a special gift. 

In the quieter moments, I can't help but think of so many Mom's I know, in all walks and stages of life...

* those joyously celebrating their first Mother's Day and those whose babies are preparing leave the nest;
* those who now care for their aging Mothers as she once cared for them;
* those spending Mother's Day without their own dear Mom;
* those whose arms still ache to hold a baby of their own and those who were privileged to hold babies that have now returned to Heaven;
* those separated by distance and those separated by broken relationships;
* those who gave birth to babies that will be loved and nurtured by arms other than their own; 
* those with a house full and those with just one....
I'm praying for you today. 

A friend wrote this morning and I couldn't agree more...next to salvation and my husband, there has been no greater gift or privilege in my life than being a Mom.  I truly can't thank Him enough.  

Hope your day is special in every way!  Savor every moment, every hand-picked flower, every hand-made card, every sticky kiss, every "I love you"  They make the sweetest of memories as days go by.           

2 comments:

Just a little something from Judy said...

I agree with this sweet post on mothers and being a mother. What a great joy and privilege. I love the last two paragraphs. Well written my friend.

Jennifer said...

I noted the same thing on my blog this morning - we are, indeed, so privileged!! There is no deeper joy than being a mother...and a grandmother:)