I was privileged to spend yesterday celebrating Mother's Day with my sweet Mom. We had such a great time! I'm beyond grateful He blessed me with a Mom that is tender, kind, caring, compassionate, fun, flexible, talented and so very easy to love. What a gift! I pray His most abundant blessings for her.
A little later, I'll be seeing my sweet boy and daughter-in-love...I absolutely cannot wait! It's my first Mother's Day with two kids! ; ) They've been in town this week, working with the college seminar team which has provided a few bonus visits (the greatest Mother's Day gift, ever!) What a treat it has been and how I love them so!
Tonight, we'll honor my mother-in-love, Millie. She too is a treasure to me and I truly thank God for her. At nearly 90 years of age, every Mother's Day we have together is a special gift.
In the quieter moments, I can't help but think of so many Mom's I know, in all walks and stages of life...
* those joyously celebrating their first Mother's Day and those whose babies are preparing leave the nest; * those who now care for their aging Mothers as she once cared for them;
* those spending Mother's Day without their own dear Mom;
* those whose arms still ache to hold a baby of their own and those who were privileged to hold babies that have now returned to Heaven;
* those separated by distance and those separated by broken relationships; * those who gave birth to babies that will be loved and nurtured by arms other than their own;
* those with a house full and those with just one.... I'm praying for you today.
A friend wrote this morning and I couldn't agree more...next to salvation and my husband, there has been no greater gift or privilege in my life than being a Mom. I truly can't thank Him enough.
Hope your day is special in every way! Savor every moment, every hand-picked flower, every hand-made card, every sticky kiss, every "I love you" They make the sweetest of memories as days go by.
Happily married for 25 years to a wonderful man and my very best friend, Mom to a great son & dear "daughter-in-love" who serve the Lord with great passion and who challenge me to do the same. Having been blessed far greater than I could ask or imagine, it is my prayer that my life reflects the overflow of an ever-grateful heart.