Tuesday, May 11, 2010

My Mother's Day Gifts... = )

Just had to share with you my charming Mother's Day gifts from Breezy & Brennan.  They were perfect!  First...





I should tell you...I've always loved flowers in a Mason jar, but this was precious!  I love the way that ribbon and button dress it up.  She added that sweet mini clothespin and made the card attached with scrapbooking software.  Isn't that a great idea!? = )   


Then...this!  I absolutely LOVE it!  She stained the wood plaques and then Mod-Podged pink paper to the front which she distressed.  She added a slight antique coloring to the photos and added a beautiful quote (chosen by Brennan), then embellished with ribbon and buttons.  The photos she chose are some of my favorites.  This is truly an absolute treasure!

I've always told you Breezy and her family were talented and creative.  Over the years, I've seen her create some wonderful and very special gifts for Brennan.  It was especially meaningful to receive something so special for my own!  Apparently, her inspiration for both gifts came from things she has seen in blogworld. Yes, she too has been bitten by the blogging bug!  (I love it!)  She has been having lots of fun exploring & getting all sorts of ideas.  = ) 

Oh and lest I forget!  Here is the beautiful quote:

A mother is the truest friend we have, when trials heavy and sudden, fall upon us; when adversity takes the place of prosperity; when friends who rejoice with us in our sunshine desert us; when trouble thickens around us, still will she cling to us, and endeavor by her kind precepts and counsels to dissipate the clouds of darkness, and cause peace to return to our hearts.  ~Washington Irving.

Hope you had a wonderful and special Mother's Day, too! 

12 comments:

Diana Ferguson said...

Love them!!!

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

What beautiful gifts from your "kids." I love them both, and the mason jar is the icing on the cake! I imagine that both of them feel as if they hit the jackpot with you! Enjoy your week, and may the favor and blessing of Christ rest upon you, friend.

peace~elaine

Yolanda said...

WOW, I'm all over that mason jar, myself. Sweet thought out gifts, your DIL is amazing!!

Lovingly,
Yolanda

Just a little something from Judy said...

How gracious of God to bless your life with a kind and creative daughter-in-law. What a beautiful and thoughtful gift! The verse is meaningful too.

Kristi said...

What perfect gifts for the perfect mother-in-love!

Happy@Home said...

What beautiful and thoughtful gifts you received from your son and daughter-in-law. I agree with you that flowers in a mason jar hold a lot of appeal and Breezy's creative touches really put them over the top. The special pictures that she assembled so beautifully are an especially thoughtful gift. I'm so glad you had a nice Mother's Day with your kids. Thanks for sharing.

Karen said...

Beautiful gifts...I just love ones made from the heart....

Kristen said...

LOVE the mason jar! What wonderful gifts! I love homemade gifts... they truly come from the heart and are a labor of love!

Kathy Schwanke said...

Wow! Breezy is a treasure for you! What a blessing!
Love it!
Kathy

Kim@Seasons of My Heart said...

What a blessing to have a daughter-in-love who is SO creative...and loving.

You truly are blessed.
Kim~

Jennifer said...

Precious gifts! and I LOVE flowers in mason jars!!

Leaon Mary said...

Had to come catch up with you!
What wonderful gifts ..... Oh Tracy.... YOU ARE LOVED. MUCH.!!!!!!