Thursday, January 8, 2009

Work of the Hands - Pay-it-Forward Challenge

Are you like me? Do you just love receiving a hand-made gift? It represents an investment of two valuable things...love & time. Last month, a dear blogging friend sent me something absolutely precious she had made for me, and it touched my heart so! It continues to make me smile everytime I look at it, and it's a great reminder to keep her in my prayers.

I love making things for people. My problem? I suffer from lack of creative ideas, limited crafting abilities and time. My solution? Seeking out (other people's) cute ideas (within my crafty comfort zone) that I can re-create (especially during these winter months). That being said, I got really excited when I saw this Work of the Hands Pay-it-Forward Challenge on Amydeanne's blog (160 Acre Woods). She took the challenge from Lori (All You Have to Give) and Krista (Scraps in Bloom). Here is how it works.

The first 3 bloggers to leave a comment on this post will receive a hand-made item from me. Those 3 bloggers promise to post this challenge on their blog (meaning they too will ‘pay-it-forward’, creating a handmade gift for the first 3 bloggers that leave a comment on their blog!!) That's a lot of hand-made love being passed around! ; )

Here's the part I got really excited about...the gift can be anything you choose and any price range and you have 365 days to make/ship your item. No worries if you're outside the U.S., I don't mind international shipping. Are you up for it? What do you say?

9 comments:

12-arrows said...

ok I am up for the task. I am, on a scale of 0-10, -1 in the creative department but I will give it my very BEST shot! Oh how fun. . .

Tricia said...

Hey Tracy
I accept your challenge! I just saw this cute thing last night on a blog that I wanted to make, and it looked easy and turned out sooo cute, I think I can duplicate it, at least I will try!

Have a great day!

Blessings!

Kim@Seasons of My Heart said...

THIS...is a GREAT idea!!!!

It's what life is ALL about...paying-it-forward. :-)

Natalie said...

Oh darn...number 4! Looking forward to seeing other people's creativity!

Laurie Ann said...

Not one of the first three but I so love that you are doing this! I'm not very crafty. I so wish I was! Love ya!

Julie said...

I've already been the beneficiary of one of your crafty ideas and I LOVE THEM!!!

Hugs sent your way!
Julie

Carol said...

Ok, I'm in 6th place here and at Kim's place at http://seasonsofmyheart.blogspot.com/ . I am always a little behind the ball. I love the look of your blog. Did you make it yourself or hire someone? Thanks. CArol

Leaon Mary said...

what a GREAT idea! I might have to put this on my blog sometime too!
Hmmmmm.... you have my wheels churning now.... ideas abound dont' they?
GOD BLESS YOU SWEET FRIEND...
YOU ARE SUCH A BLESSING TO MEEEEEEE
holykisses,
Lea

Addicted to Beadz said...

Maybe you should not have limited people from putting it on their blog!

What are you going to make?

Cheryl